Saturday, January 10, 2009

RS Christmas Dinner 12/11/08


I am currently the the counselor over Enrichment in the Relief Society Presidency at church. This basically makes me the responsible party for the Relief Society activities. For the most part I really enjoy my calling but at times it gets to be a lot of work. As my friend Amanda told me "Shawna you can't do it all. Let other people help!" No truer words, but still not easy. Thankfully I have a great Enrichment Committee and I just need to let them do there stuff.

Anyway, our Christmas Dinner was a pretty big activity, it actually had three parts. First to gather and put together gift bags of fun stuff for a few of the older sisters in our ward and then to go out and deliver them to the sisters. We would then bring the sister back with us for the dinner if she chose to come. Then of course we had dinner. It was a lovely ham dinner with me making the ham. I used Aunt Allison's ham recipe and it was a huge hit. I had cooked a whole spiral cut ham and it was pick clean to the bone.

After dinner we had small Christmas program and our traditional ornament exchange. This is something that our ward has done at our Relief Society Christmas Dinner for a number of years and always seems to turn out to be a fun acidity. We do it white elephant style where the ornament can change hands 3 times. There were a few friendly battles going on for some of the funnest ornaments.

Although, it was a busy night that took quite a bit of prep time it was a lot of fun and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and felt the joy of the Christmas season.

No comments: