Ah, Warm Weather FINALLY!!!
Between General Conference sessions we went outside and enjoyed the warm blessed SUN.
Roger and Jake started expanding our garden area that we put in last year.
It was back breaking labor, they broke the sod with shovels and the younger kids and I loaded it in a wheel barrow and moved it to the bottom of the orchard where we used it to build up the dirt burm that holds the irrigation water from running into the road. After getting all of the sod out we dug another layer of HARD clay out, which we used to build up the burm around the pasture, and then filled the entire garden area with composted horse manure. It was a lot of hard work but we think it will be well worth it when we get to enjoy all of the yummy fresh VEGGIES this summer!!!
I was thinking how amazing it is that this old tiller still works. Dad got it up and going and gave it to Roger and I when we bought our 1st house in Kingman AZ. We have had it for about 12 years and I have no idea how old it was when he gave it to us. Somehow it has made it through cutting ground for our gardens and lawns for three houses. A little Ether and it just keeps on starting and starting and starting.
While I was tilling the bolt holding the tilling tines to the machine stripped off so the tines just spun on the shaft. I bent down to get a closer look and rested my hand on the EXHAUST PIPE!
I couldn't believe I was so STUPID!
What a BLESSING!
(that we had manually extracted from the garden with a shovel!)
This is why I tend to loose 15 lbs. in the summer.
2 comments:
Wow! That's a lot of hard work. It will be worth it to have fresh veggies this summer.
Enjoy the veggies! I'm just digging dandelions out of our yard, yet need to start preppiing for some gardening. I still have so much to learn! We're trying square foot gardening this year again. Miss your eggs!
Post a Comment