OK, so not the most perfect Easter... but like this Easter Lilly reminds me, it is not the "Easter Stuff" that counts but the "reason for the season" that matters most.
I don't know when I started it but I have made it a tradition to bring an Easter Lily into our home for the Easter season. They are just the most beautiful white and seem to bring a quite peace to my soul when I look at them.
The week before Easter had been cold starting on the Monday after Conference Weekend so we were excited Saturday when it turned out to be a nice day again. So, needless to say, we ended up spending all day out in the yard again, this time making a new flower bed.
-Watch for a post about just it.
Madisyn was so sweet, cooking the eggs and getting everything ready for coloring. Thank goodness she did because Roger and I were plumb beat from working outside all day. I don't know what Jake was doing but it was just Maddie and the two little boys who ended up coloring eggs. Roger was resting on the couch and I had to go out to the office to work on some last minuet taxes that had to be finished before we left for Spring Break that next Monday.
(on April 13, three days early for the end of tax season!)
(it was not as deep on Luke as it appears, he was sinking down on purpose for the camera)
Sam couldn't resits jumping in too.
My OVER COOKED Easter Ham! I left it with the oven set when we went to church so I'm not sure what happened but it was still pretty tasty with Aunt Allison's Missouri Baked Ham Recipe.
Dinner was Ham, Funeral Potato's, Deviled Easter Eggs, Rolls, and a frozen Blueberry Pie, but no Asparagus, I was so flustered by the Ham I forgot to cook the Asparagus when we got home!
Here we all are in all our glory. (how sad that I have such a disgusted look on my face) Why are the kids not in their nice clothes...I started to list all of the things that I felt were far from perfect on this Easter Sunday, but it just didn't seem right. We have been so blessed, and we are so blessed to have the Savior's Atoning Sacrifice to save each of us and His Resurrection to promise each of us the gift of Eternal Life.
That is all that should matter on such a sacred day.
3 comments:
mmmm...dinner looks fabulous! LOVE the look on both you and Jakob's faces!!!! (I think I need Aunt Allison's recipe...I always just put the packet of stuff on!)
Happy Easter! I love the picture of the Easter lily, and look forward to more information on the garden. Mine is coming along, but slower than I'd like. Is impatience just a hereditary thing in our family???
You have a feast! We thawed a turkey to bake but decided crepes just sounded easier on a busy Easter Sunday just a week after we had our new baby boy. I cooked the turkey later that week and we enjoyed our crepes with our other Easter celebrations (we like to do those resurrection eggs with scriptures and added pictures this year, reading from the New Testament reader, Easter baskets, church, and dyeing eggs, etc.).
Post a Comment