Monday, April 6, 2009

Road to Eagle 3/24/09

Yea! Jake finally earned his Life scout!

He has been within just a few merit badges for well over a year, but with this years Merit Badge Fair in Fallon he really put in the time and got it earned. I think he is now just two or three away from being ready to do his Eagle Project.

Hopefully, this summer he will put in what it takes and get it done.

We are so proud of him and the good responsible young man that he is. Many times it is said that the Eagle should go to MOM but I don't feel that way at all. He will have truly EARNED it himself.

These pictures are all pretty bad but we were in the cultural hall with terrible lighting and quite a ways away to boot.
In this first photo, Brother Ryan Johnson took a moment for Jake to stand in front of everyone and display how the boys should dress for their Scout Camp this year.
I was proud that he was in full uniform, especially since our ward is pretty lax, to put it mildly, about uniforms. But I can't take credit for the real Boy Scout pants, Jeanna Flint had given them to him at his board of review because they did not fit her son.
Thanks Jeanna!
Jake receiving his numerous Merit Badges for the night, as well as his
Life Scout Award
Pinning his Mother
The traditional HUG for or from Mom


This little video is part of the thought he was asked to give about the Scout Law. He chose the topic of Being Helpful, which come directly from the Law.

1 comment:

Julie said...

woo hoo!!! I'm so happy we're almost there (although that means the end of the road for me & you are just gearing up hehe)