Friday, August 29, 2008

Peaches! 8/28/08

We decided to go out and pick our peaches last night before the birds got any more of them. It was a fun family outing, although Jake was at soccer practice. I was rather surprised at how many peaches there were. We had a really cool/cold spring all the way into June and were certain we wouldn't have much fruit. In fact last year we only had five peaches on the whole tree and I think the birds got 3 of them. Also, something amazing is how big they are. There are a number that are bigger than a softball and they are oh so sweet and juicy.
Needless to say I know where I am going to be spending my time for the next little bit.

-The kitchen put'n up fruit!


The help. "Please try not to bruise the fruit" was the phrase of the night.

I'm not sure why I was doing all of the ladder work?

Luke wanting up again after just wanting down.
Luke looking out the back window at our harvest.
The bounty! I took a number of pictures trying to capture the beauty of the fruit but I never was able to get quite what I was looking for. Oh well this is a pretty good shot.
A pretty view of my new cabinet and tile.
Now what??
Just kidding, anyone wan to come help??:)

No comments: