Thursday, August 28, 2008

Riding the Snake...river that is. 8/14/08

Somehow this is the only picture I got of us down at the River during our trip to Burley. I did get some video though. We had a great time when Doug and Stephanie's family took us out on the boat. I even rode the tube, and whoa what a ride that was. Roger kept telling Doug to go faster and to send me over the wake! -Not my idea of fun anymore. But I did have a good time just being with Maddy and hearing her laugh at me every time I squealed. It didn't help that once they really got the boat going Roger and Doug started talking about the houses along the river and forgot to look at what was happening behind them! After the river we went back to the Anderton's and had Little Ceasar's Pizza (my all time favorite) and went to bed. We were exhausted after coming in at about 1 am that morning and then spending the early afternoon in the mountains and late afternoon at the river so felt it good to lay down.
Thanks Idaho Family for showing us such a great time!


This probably seems silly to the Idaho crowd but I always catch myself pondering why the river runs the direction it does ? It always seems to me like it is running backwards. I need to look at a map and see where the Snake River actually flows off to so I can set my mind at ease when we are there. I also am always surprised by the current. I guess having always been a lake skier I am just not used to the water moving so much! I guess also being an Arizona girl it just seems so foreign to me that we are skiing on a river. We have rivers in AZ, or at least what we call rivers, to many people I suppose they are just streams. They certainly are not big enough to go water skiing on! Anyway, these are some fun short videos of the kids tubing, Roger convincing Jake to jump in to the river, which was actually quite warm, and of Roger taking Luke down the current to the end of the docks. That was something the kids loved. They would run up to the top of the dock and jump in and float down to the end. Technically there is no swimming off the docks but while we were the only boat tied up we let them. It didn't last very long though because the river really got busy. It is kind of crazy how people run their boats down to the river for a couple of hour of skiing or wake boarding after work. Doug thinks that is one of the prime perks of living in Burley and his house just being a couple of miles from the docks.

No comments: