Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sam's Birthday Party 8/09

OK, so his actual birthday is the end of July!
But we are always in AZ for his birthday and he really wanted to have a party with his Fernley friends. He has wanted to do this for years and I finally gave in.
Actually I think I just finally came up with a fun idea.
It was a campfire Circle and Night Games theme in our Back Yard.
Sam and Luke and my masterpiece of a cake. ;)
Friends
James Knight, Jack Jones, Ian Jorgansen, Sam, Spencer Knight, Nate (Claussen), Matt Knight, Katie Bake, Seth Bake, Luke
Trying to light the candles in the breeze.
Madisyn and Luke roasting marshmallows.
Jake reading "ghost" stories. Roger and Sam.
Some of the other fun things were roasting hot dogs, jumping on the tramp, and playing Kick the Can and No Bears are out Tonight and the ever fun Glow Sticks.
I think everyone had a really fun time!

2 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

That's a fabulous idea! Truthfully, it makes me want to have a birthday party for myself, but I"ll have to save it for one of my kids. I've always wanted one of those backyard fire "things". I guess I'm going ignore Ryan and just buy it.

Deborah Sherwood said...

Too cute...how fun that looks! Your yard looks great! Wish we had been there to join in on the fun.