Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Science Fair 2/09

Oh, the love hate relationship of Science Fair. I always did one when I was in school (I don't remember if it was because I wanted to or if it was required) and I thought it would be fun to help my kids with theirs.
The problem is that Science Fair always falls around the time that I go down to work in Mom's tax office in AZ. This makes for a lot of stress as I am always trying to finish the mail-in taxes I receive before I leave, plus get the house and laundry and shopping taken care of and then on top of things help with SCIENCE FAIR!
But everything always turns out OK.
So I guess it's all good.

This year we only had one child that had to do one. (Yea!!) Madisyn.

It was fairly simple in that she chose to see what temperature of water would melt sugar faster. She did all of the prep work and the experiments herself and then she also did all of the typing and printing. The only help she really needed was with the Excel spreadsheet input and layout ideas. I thought it turned out pretty darn good. Now we just wait to see what the judges think.

5 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Impressive! And even better that she did it on her own. That's a great kid in my book! (I was still having to drag Cade through a Science Fair his freshman year-UGH!)

Sandra said...

New York School are the worst I've encountered. I worry about the their furture now. Not that they don't make great grades, NY doesn't offer much in education. ugh Stay in NV. Best schoolling around. =)

Sandra said...

Way to go Madisyn

Anonymous said...

SO WHAT DID THE JUDGES THINK???SHURELL

Deborah Sherwood said...

That is VERY IMPRESSIVE...course Maddie WE know how much talent you have!!!

Took after your Grandma huh??? Which one isn't hard to tell....anything academic is going to be Kunzler!