I may be 36 but oh how I love my Grandma!
We are such kindred spirits she and I.
This instantly became my favorite picture of Grandma the moment I took it. We never get a good picture of Grandma with her eyes open. And not only are her eyes open but she has such a beautiful presence about her.
She is in her element.
Gathered with her posterity and in the kitchen. And the cute little smile comes from the fact that she didn't have to cook any of the delicious meal she is helping to get ready!
-Picture taken in Tracy's kitchen on Thanksgiving Day 2008 in St.Johns AZ
This is a picture of the quilt I made Grandma. I have been in this quilt making mode recently and had been missing Grandma and decided to make her a quilt. I was so pleased with how it turned out. The wonderful thing about this lap quilt is that it is so warm. The top is a variety of decorator fabric samples and corduroy with a backing of medium weight velor.
Oh so soft and cozy.
If it had not been going to Grandma I would have kept it for myself!!!
1 comment:
I love your pictures! I'm so bummed that I missed the party, but thanks for sharing the weekend with us! Elaine
Post a Comment