So the stock market is down. We all know that. So Roger and I have taken the opportunity to by some reasonably low stocks and see what happens. So far we are doing pretty well. Too bad we went and bought a bunch of Goodyear stock just before the market took it's tumble. But is is OK we have just lost a few cents per stock and I'm sure it will be up soon. Everything else we bought is looking pretty good.
Roger has taken on a co worker's philosophy of playing the marker. -When purchasing a stock decide how much you want to earn from it and immediately set up a limit sale that will sell the stock automatically when it hits that price. (we figure between 15 & 30 %) So far that is turning out to be a pretty good philosophy. Hopefully it will continue for us. I took a big chance yesterday and bought some AIG stock. The price had crashed the day before, but with the government bailing them out I figured it would be a fairly safe investment. Roger would only let me buy up to $1oo but that got me 50 shares at $2.04 a share. So far it has gone up to $3.87, not much but that is almost $100! I'd say that just about doubling my money is pretty good. I just need to decide when to sell it. That is the risky part of the market. Not letting your self get too greedy... Obviously I''m not doing to well at holding to our philsophy on this one. I just have a gut feeling I should hold it for a bit
No comments:
Post a Comment