Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spring Flowers with lots of May Showers & SNOW!

It has been a long, wet, cold winter!

These were taken April 21st. We are so done with the cold, wet snow.
My poor flower bed.
All of my bare roots. Strawberries, Dalia's and Asparagus.

Every once in a while we get a hint of warmth though.

It is so nice to walk outside and see signs that Spring and Summer really are coming.
We have lived in this house for three years as of April 27th, Luke's birthday. I planted this first flower bed that very first Spring. I brought these Irises from the Annie house.
I have been amazed by this Bleeding Heart, I just planted it last summer and it is already blooming.
Pretty Russian Sage.
I think this is Allium.
These are my FAVORITE Iries.
I brought them from the Annie house but this is the 1st year that they have bloomed. I was so afraid that this variety had not made it through the transplant.
And what is Spring without Lilac? This bush was here when we moved in, but this is the first year that there were enough blooms to actually bring inside. They made the whole house smell wonderful!
Lilac will always remind me of growing up in St. Johns. We had an amazing row of huge old Lilac trees growing out our back door that Pammy and Grandad had planted decades ago. For a few weeks we would bring HUGE bunches in to the house for the dinning room table.

2 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

Lilacs remind me of St. Johns too. Remember the huge lilac bushes at the Elm Motel? Lovely.

Marcie Ashton said...

Your flowers look beautiful!