Another BUSY BUSY DECEMBER!
I have liked the way I have been giving a summery of my calendar the last few months. I think I am going to continue with that format for the beginning of my catch up posts. I have found it neat to go back just a couple of months and see things that I had already forgotten about.
We started the month with the Nutcracker performance the whole first week after Thanksgiving, Two snow days that put the world on hold that week, Maddie's Ortho appointment, Ward Christmas Dinner, CTMH Scrap booking, Sam's Concert, Visiting Teaching, Relief Society Christmas Dinner (that I was in charge of), a RS Pres. Breakfast, Dental Cleaning for all four kids, Sam's ENT check up for his tubes, and of course Christmas, and Company for it. And lastly a trip to Las Vegas to visit the Wilson family and then on to AZ for the Sherwood family New Years celebration!!!!!
What a wonderful life we are blessed with.
The annual Nutcracker. Jake, Sam and Madisyn were all in the performance. They all did so well.

The Waltz of the Snowflakes.

Jake as Drosselmyer. (sp?)

He is perfect for the part.

Sam is on the far right in the blue suit. He fits his part just right too!

Madisyn and the girls waiting their turn.
Snow Day!The first Sunday of December we got our 1st snow storm, and boy oh boy was it a big one. Six inches in one DAY! We had our 1st snow day in the 9 years we have lived here, actually it was 2 snow days and everything in our busy lives was cancelled. FUN FUN FUN!

Pretty icicles hanging from the house.

Looking out the front door.

Jake with his snow cave, Sam inside and Luke looking on.

Lukie the Cutie!

Upside down snow angles.

Mom (me) flying down the hill!

Jake snow surfing.

Maddie having a great time.

Jake, Roger and Luke. Roger met us during his lunch hour and decided to take a quick run.

Sam is so cute!

I've been able to spend a little time scrapbooking!

Santa after the Ward Christmas Dinner. Luke was a little shy with the big guy.

Sorry for the bad picture. It is the best I have from Maddie's 8th grade choir concert.

Silly Sam on the way up for his Christmas Music Concert.

Now on the way back from performing. As a side note, he was so funny, he spent more time making sure we were watching him than watching his teacher. One time I moved to video him and he spent the whole song looking for me. During the break I waved and made sure he found me so he would go back to singing. Cute boy!
Christmas!

Christmas Eve Dinner. Prime Rib in the rotisserie, rolls, mashed potato's and gravy, cranberry salad and yummy homemade apple, pumpkin and pecan pies.

Mom getting ready for Christmas morning.

Santa Came!!!

Ah, the peace and beauty.

One of my favorite ornaments

Cute little boys on Christmas morning!

Maddie was SO excited to get makeup!!!!!!! She finally is allowed to wear it.

Sam got just what he wanted! A DS.

Jake with his new MP3 player.

Roger and the camcorder he has been watching.

Reese and Sue and their gift from us. A new bed set for their new bed.

Christmas morning joy! Sam with DS, Luke with V-smile.

Roger got everyone rubber band guns. The hit of the DAY!

Stick 'um up!

Gonna get ya!
Important insert: One the way to AZ we stopped at the DMV and Jake received his driving permit. Yes, we did let him drive some during the trip. He did pretty darn well. Roger also was reissued his permit for his motorcycle. Hopefully, this time he will not let it expire before he goes in and gets his licence!
New Year's Eve in AZ!

Mom and Maddie New Years Eve

The party crowd.

Blow that Horn, it is the only chance you have before it goes in the TRASH!

Fun Poppers !

Don't shoot!

New Year's Kiss!

Aaron and Tracy

Shurell and Brian
4 comments:
How fun Shawna I like all the kisses!! Well except mine 8>
Yup, I like the kissin' pictures the best!
Hey...well since MY husband was in bed snoring...I like the Christmas shirt that Sam was wearing best!!
hahaha! Looks like you all had so much fun! Wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment