Our most fun for the 4
th was going camping to Fort Churchill on the Carson River but I forgot to take my camera! We came back Friday night so we could take Jake to the church at 6am to leave for Scout Camp on Saturday the 4
th.
Hence no pictures of him...

I had to include this cute picture of Luke because I made this outfit about 12 years ago for my nephew Eric. Jake had a similar one but the shirt has gotten lost somewhere over the years. I can't
believe how bright the colors still are. I wish they would make all fabric the colorfast!

After having a VERY
leisurely morning we went to check out the
festivities at the park. We have lived here for 9 years and never been to the city's
shebang. It was about what we expected.

After the park we went to Steve's Homemade
Ice Cream Shop (the first time we have taken the kids) for a cool summer treat.

Sam
thoroughly enjoyed his!

Funny story!
I had seen some "fireworks" in Wal-mart all month. So on the way home from ice cream we stopped to pick some up for when it got dark. Well, there were only two boxes left so I didn't really read what they were I just picked one and left. When it got dark Roger went out to set them off and had a terrible time getting them to light. After a few unsuccessful tries someone noticed that they were not fireworks but poppers!!! We were pretty bummed but still had fun shooting them off at each other. Just wish we had done it in the daylight so we could have seen the streamers go flying everywhere.
Oh, well we were able to see it in the morning when we had to clean up the mess!

Sam "shooting" mom while she was "shooting him.

Ya, these are my PJ's, it was a long day and I was ready for bed as soon as the fireworks show was over!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment