We started day the by going Kayaking. I wish I could have taken a camera but instead I had to pull these off of the tour companies web site. Wow was it and adventure! The weather was turning stormy and the surf and wind were something else.
We had three kayaks, Jake had his own then there was Maddy and Roger and Sam and I. We were given a little training and then off we went. HOLY COW it was scary heading off into that crashing surf!!! I paddled as if my life depended on it and Sam and I made it through without turn over, my biggest fear. I really hate salt water! But Maddy and Roger were not so lucky. They ended up turning over twice just as they had all most made it though. Maddy was ready to call it quits right then and there but we kept with it and headed out to the caves. It was so hard. The wind was blowing so hard that it was so difficult to make any headway. It was really draining Roger and I since we had the smaller kids we had to push through the water. When we stopped to talk about the coral preserve we were sitting over, we saw a few dolphin, which was awesome, but we also decided to call it quits and head back in. With the size of the waves there was no way we were going to be able to go in the caves and we were so tired having to fight the wind and the waves. But on the flip side we were scared to death to have to get back through the rough surf to get to the beach! Our guide told us that going in is when most people go over and we knew that both Rashelle and Travis and Claryce and Karson had gone over while trying to get in to the beach on their tours. But somehow as rough as it was we were all able to ride the waves right into the beach with out turning over! Yea, Yea Yea!!!
What a fun adventure!
Our waves were huge compared to the little bit of surf in this ad picture.Wow what a BLAST!
Sam was too small to go on the roller coaster but he had a good time on Luke's favorite ride, The Merry go Round.
We all love the yellow submarine, the yellow submarine...
the yellow submarine.
Roger going after Jake on the bumper cars.
Sam was in the drivers seat, but Maddy had to take over out of fear!
This ride was SO loud, but fun!
There were very few rides Luke could go on, and he had a really good time on this one.
Aaron and his family were right next door doing surfing and had walked over to check out the roller coaster when we met up with them. I was glad because we hardly got to see them the whole trip. Here Roger and Trent are in the front seat and Jake and the rest of them are in the very back.
We also ran into Shurell's family while we were there so Peter hung with us a bit while Shurell and Brian went on the roller coaster.
1 comment:
note to self is priceless! I think the same thing with EVERY picture I see of myself (I guess I am no longer allowed to wear any of my clothes again!)
Post a Comment