We thought this would be a nice laid back day after the fun day of Legoland . It was, but did not go as planned...
I guess the 1st Tuesday of every month is Local Day at Balboa Park. A neat idea in that they chose a few museums each month and on the 1st Tuesday give free admission to the local people so they have a chance to see their town as the tourist might. The only problem, it was the day we chose to go, and the Fleet Science Center, that we really wanted to see, was one of the free ones. We got there and it was a MAD house. I think every school age child in the city was there! With Swine Flu at it's peak in San Diego we decided we had best just move on to another place. So SAD because it was one of the main places we wanted to go that day!
We did get to go to the Aerospace Museum though and we had a great time there.
Rashelle and I took the little kids out to a large atrium area to let them run and play while we waited on the daddies. I don't' think the Price's were too excited about the whole museum thing... they head to the zoo after the 1st one. It would have been nice to spend more time with them but I could understand that the zoo would be way more fun for their age of kids.
We had packed a nice little picnic lunch for the day. We took full advantage of the beautiful San Diego weather and the wonderful grass and trees of the park to rest and let the kids play before moving on to the next museum. (the Science Center, that we ended up passing on) The Botanical Garden, one of my favorite places, but not the kids' so much!
Judging by the look on every one's face I think we were all hot and tired. This was our last stop and we head back to the motel to cool down and rest.
Dad and Roger waiting for the rest of the crew outside the Auto Museum. They ended up sending the ladies and kids back to the motel and they went and checked out he harbor area for the afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment