Jake was one of only 2 freshmen on the Science Olympiad team this year. I guess it is a state event and was held in Yerrington of all places. He walked away with two medals. A gold in the Ecology Event and a bronze in the Disease Detectives Event. The Fernley team was 4th over all. Jake said it was kind of funny, they looked like a bunch of hicks compared to many of the other teams, but they were able to hold there own up against state competitors.
I'm not sure what is up with these photos, maybe I should have gotten up off the couch to get a good shot. He looks so funny, or wacky, as Madisyn just said.
5 comments:
Congrats Jake! Show those city slickers what hicks can do!
Congratulations to Jake! =)
Whoot whoot!
Way to go Jake! Mom and Dad are your greatest supporters, and it shows.
That is great news. I always wish we had more science competitions in high school (we had a few) but tell him congrats. That is awesome!
THAT'S MY GRANDSON!!!!
We are so proud of you Jake!
Your academic achievements are AMAZING.
Post a Comment