I went to Sam and Madisyn's parent teacher conferences yesterday. It is wonderful to go listen to people talk about how wonderful your children are! Jake's were two weeks ago, don't ask me why they were before the quarter ended, but I was not able to go because we were not notified or them until two days before! That was a crazy night, every person in the family had something going on outside of the home except for our 3 year old Luke.
Anyway, this morning I was musing about yesterday and thinking about Madisyn in particular and how important it is for us to teach our children about life while they are still young enough to listen! Here is what I hope that I have taught her:
1. You are very intelligent, so use it.
2. I hope you want to marry and have a family when you grow up. But not too soon!
3. I hope you will choose to go to college. There is more there than just school!
4. I hope you will have a good idea of what you want to study before you get there. It makes it so much easier to graduate!
5. I hope you choose a profession that will allow you adequate time to raise your precious family.
6. I hope that when you choose a husband you will choose a man that can and will support his family. Sadly there are many young men that don't know what that means!
7. I hope you will let that young man know right from the beginning to it is very important to stay home with your children and raise them as you and he choose to raise them!
8. I hope you will strongly encourage that young man to get his career education or training early before you start your family and the demands of life be come too hard!
9. I hope and pray that you will always make your life decisions with the Lords help.
10. I hope that life will bring you the utmost joy, no matter what heartbreaks or trials come your way.
Love Mom
1 comment:
Shawna, I am still new to blogging and didn't know how to reply to your comment. I will be glad for you to share my blogspot with your friends and family. Beverly
Post a Comment